Kelly Starrett is the co-Founder of Mobility WOD and author of NYT best-selling book: Becoming a Supple Leopard. As a Doctor of Physical Therapy, for 15 years, Kelly has spearheaded the movement of natural movement especially in the CrossFit community by helping thousands of people resolve pain, prevent injury, and optimize athletic performance. In our conversation, Kelly uncovers his mental framework for prioritizing movement to reduce injury and increase longevity while still seeing results in the gym.
- How to build a solid movement foundation to reduce likelihood of injury from workouts.
- How and why the human body is naturally “anti-fragile”, adapting to and benefiting from stressors.
- How to eat to support bone and joint health to maximize recovery from stressors.
- Which stressors are “CNS loving” and which are CNS loathing to provide positive adaptation.
- How to cycle through general physical preparedness, sports preparation, and sports specific training to maximize longevity and reduce injury.